At the end of the 17th century the property, Väpnaren 14, was divided into two properties with a wooden house on each one. In 1785 there was a classification of houses and at that point there was a wooden house and a forge. The owners of the property can be traced as far back as 1798 when a blacksmith named Caspar Törne sold to another blacksmith, Carl B. Falk. For much of the time right up to the early 1900's, the buildings have been inhabited by craftsmen and blacksmiths who had their business here, hence the name of the farmhouse, Smedjan (the forge). The most recent addition to the property is the garage that was built in 1956 and later rebuilt in 1975.
Since the property largely have preserved both land stretch, location and design of the houses, they have a significant cultural-historical value. In 1948, the city architect Ivar Plahn with family took over the property and renovated it to its present appearance mainly during the 1950's, with minor changes during the years that followed. He also created Almedalen's present appearance.
He renovated the houses with great finesse and with high quality material choices and now that we ourselves have taken over the after Plahn family, we have strived to preserve as much of that style as possible. The beautiful garden behind the house has several times received the diploma of D.B.V (De Badande Vännerna) for "Beautification of Visby inner city".